Skip to main content
Pages and Files
This site has moved!
Sign up and never miss a Math Future event
Join Joel Duffin and Justin Ball, creators of the
OER Glue platform
, in discussing the latest in open course design architecture.
Full recording - voice, text chat, application sharing
How to join
Follow this link at the time of the event:
Wednesday, March 30th 2011 we will meet in the LearnCentral online room at 6:30pm Pacific, 9:30pm Eastern time.
WorldClock for your time zone.
Click "OK" and "Accept" several times as your browser installs the software. When you see Elluminate Session Log-In, enter your name and click the "Login" button
If this is your first time, come a few minutes earlier to check out the technology. The room opens half an hour before the event.
All events in the Math 2.0 weekly series:
About OER Glue
OER Glue is a
uniquely open approach
to online learning that lets content be used where it already resides rather than requiring it to be copied into a new system. OER Glue can be used to
efficiently assemble courses
and teach online by “glueing together” open education resources (OERs) and integrating with popular online services including Google Documents, Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and discussion and assessment tools. OER Glue’s web browser add-on approach allows it to wrap context and navigation tools around online content and to
integrate content and services from multiple sources in a coherent manner
. In order to ensure that resources remain available, OER Glue integrates with services such as internet archive. The following scenarios describe the experience of using OER Glue:
Student Use of OER Glue
Teacher Use of OER Glue
Key aspects of OER Glue are:
– OER Glue increases student engagement and satisfaction by supporting online instruction that utilizes timely, authentic content and popular Web 2.0 tools.
– OER Glue supports effective instruction by helping teachers find and develop learning activities and assessments that are aligned with their instructional goals.
– OER Glue helps teachers efficiently assemble, deliver, and update online courses.
– OER Glue helps authors easily find and adapt relevant high quality free online resources for their courses.
– People are frustrated with the poor user experience of existing systems that require you to copy your content into them, but enthusiastic about the new Web 2.0 tools that continue to emerge. OER Glue lets you use content where it already is and to easily integrate third party tools in a coherent manner to teach online.
of OER Glue, is a entrepreneur and software developer with a love for designing software and understanding how people learn. Joel enjoys scheming about how to design and leverage software systems and online content to encourage youth to engage in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
about technology and STEM education.
of OER Glue, is an entrepreneur with several successful startups and one major failure under his belt. He became involved in the OER space under the direction of David Wiley at OSLO and then COSL and participated in the construction of the various projects generated there. He used to write C++ and .Net then moved to python and finally found Ruby. In the rare moments when he isn't writing code, talking about code or measuring his code productivity in profanity per hour, you can find him on his bike in the mountains or on the roads surrounding Cache Valley. Justin can be found pontificating at
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"