Skip to main content
Pages and Files
This site has moved!
Sign up and never miss a Math Future event
Plans and dreams 2010
Plans and Dreams 2010
In 2009, we worked to connect individuals and projects. We can now reach thousands of people within active and highly relevant networks and communities, and cause systemic changes. Based on past conversations, here is a sketch of year 2010 plans. Please comment, add and change it. There are more details in
Patricia Deubel's T.H.E. Journal article about the group
Mark and organize online meetings by
, with four major directions:
- Community mathematics: networks, content sharing, clubs, grassroots curriculum
- Executable mathematics: software, manipulatives, programming platforms, math-rich social objects
- Humanistic mathematics: visual arts, digital storytelling, ethnomathematics
- Psychology of mathematics: meta-cognition, values and attitudes, teaching and learning theories, well-being and math anxiety
Support each direction with two
- Using Dynamic Math Tools in a Web 2.0 world: lessons, activities, curriculum, on-line textbooks, etc.
- Mathematical authoring: helping everybody create and share their own math entities
Also, mark and organize meetings by four
- Event and meeting planning: smaller meetings throughout 2010 and a larger conference for 2011
- Help a teacher: particular educational practices and issues
- Math 2.0 careers, businesses and sustainability
- Overview of particular projects and communities, invitations to join their efforts
- Research, grants, and publications
The conferences we organize can follow these tracks as well.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"